Sunday, May 23, 2010

Forgettable Entertainment


It has been quite some time since I was really entertained by any performance or sorts and the recent three movies/musical did nothing to change that.

Clash of The Titans was my first attempt at 3D movies in a local theatre. My worry of a sea-sick like nausea and dizziness was unfounded but the uncomfortable pair of 3D glasses left a sore mark on my nose bridge. I have not watched the original in the 80's so I am not sure if this is a better version but I am sure the cinematography is. Overall, it just felt like a comic strip come to life and nothing more. Of course, the first few moments of 3D did get me excited like a kid and Sam Worthington, who is quite an eye candy, kind of compensated the rest of the dull moments.

I was very much looking forward to Robin Hood that I even had the opening date jotted down in my phone. With a director and cast like this, what can go wrong. If you ask me, the entire cast did pretty well except for Mr Crowe himself. Yes, he has been criticised for his lack of or inconsistent accent in the movie but I think the bigger problem is that there wasn't much emotions displayed throughout and that makes the famous outlaw a bit bland as a main character.

And then there was Chicago The Muscial which we decided to catch at the very last minute. Well, everything turned out to be... nice... with bits here and there which I enjoyed but the entire production did not really WOW me and make me want to jump out of the chair. I might have enjoyed the film version better years back.

So any good recommendations that are not that forgettable?


No comments:

Post a Comment