Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Executive Decisions


XH and myself were joking over tea about how we have to constantly make several "executive decisions" on a daily basis these days... more so than when we were working :)

Examples of such tough calls:

"Let me see... should it be 60ml or 90ml this time?"

"Now that the baby falls asleep at the breast, should I burp him now and risk waking him up to another round of non-stop screaming or leave him as he is?"

"Not again! Here comes the stinky poo... should I change his diaper now or hold on for a while more in case he is not done yet?"

"Mmm... he looks so sound asleep... should I wake him up for an overdue feed or allow myself a few more moments of peace and quiet?"

"Aiyo... making noise again! Should I go carry and pacify him or let him learn how to soothe by himself?"

And no matter what we decide on today, it might just turn out differently tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment