Sunday, June 21, 2009

A picture paints a thousand words



Some time back during one of those inspired afternoons, I painted on a little flower pot (one of those plain ones from Ikea).  I stared at it for the longest time before I decided on a simple green landscape with a clear blue sky... mainly because I realised after long periods of inactivity, many of my poor tubes of paint were sluggishly hardened... with the most promising tubes from the blue & green family :)



After an afternoon of intense painting and getting all my fingers embarrassingly stained, I showed it to The Man with much excitement (like that of a child bringing home from school an art piece that the parents would be proud of), expecting some kind of compliment or praise.

The Man (staring with disapproval): How come your painting look so lonely! No houses and no people??

Me (dumbfounded): err...

I then turned around the pot and pointed out.

Me (depserately defensive): Lonely meh? But look... there is a little windmill on the other side mah...



Ok, maybe I was feeling a little lonely that afternoon...hahaha :P


No comments:

Post a Comment