Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Marina Barrage


This is my second time at The Marina Barrage.  I remember our first time there was on its opening weekend and I commented back then that I bet the open grass area will be a popular location for activities.

This time round, I am indeed met by a crowd that is scattered all over the place... kites flying, badminton (don't know how they managed in the wind), mini soccer, picnic etc...

Mmmm... a picnic there would be nice... but maybe not in this kind of weather.

Just hope there won't be any proliferating litter problems to blemish this picturesque place .  Already parking is quite a disaster... 




There is a fountain area below that is somehow turning into a kids' swimming area (the photo did not turn out well).  Some kids actually came prepared with swim wear and everything.  I wonder if it is now officially a kids' pool.  Funny thing is I did smell chlorine as I walked past in bewilderment.  

More photos can be found here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=79584&id=642711661

No comments:

Post a Comment