Monday, February 16, 2009

A New Chapter in Life

I am officially on LOA starting today. For those scratching their heads, LOA spells Leave of Absence, meaning I don't have to work for a while. So I guess I will be blogging more regularly from now on.

Let's start with the very reason why I am on LOA then.

No no, that is not a thermometer.
If you still don't get it, well ... I am expecting!

I am into my 9th week now and it has been and still is pretty rough. Sensing that I am not going to be physically and mentally up to my demanding job, I decided to take a break and totally rest myself. Especially after the unfortunate miscarriage last year, I am not about to take any risk this time round.

Fatigue and nausea I may be (most of the time), I am so so delighted and always looking forward to the next gynae appointment when I can see how my little one is doing in there.

The last appointment was just coincidentally on Valentines' Day and that was the first time we saw and heard my little one's heartbeat. Simply amazing!


At 174 bpm, I bet my little one is getting very excited too :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Amanda! Didn't know u have a blog. & Congrats! So the news is confirmed from the horse's mouth herself...well not exactly...the horse's blog. Take good care of yourself and I'm looking forward to a new addition at next year's CNY :)

    Shihui (your Man's cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halo! Well, now that I have some time on hand (ok ... a lot of time on hand), thought this can occupy at least 1% of my time since I can't go jumping and hopping around :)

    ReplyDelete